The Elections Commission works to ensure the fair and impartial elections during the Spring Quarter, and if needed, any Special Elections. The commission consists of an Elections Commissioner, four Deputy Elections Commissioners, and a team of interns who work together to reach out of students and inform them about any upcoming elections. The ASUCI Elections Commission is empowered by the Elections Code and ASUCI Constitution and serves at the will of the undergraduate student body.
The 2022-2023 Elections Commission’s Values for the academic year are:
- Trust – Effective teams, like our commission, are founded in mutual trust.
- Accountability – We take it upon ourselves as the Elections Commission to follow through on the commitment we took upon ourselves when accepting this role.
- Equity – We prioritize equity in all election processes for all UC Irvine students whom we may work with. We insure that all procedures will remain Impartial and equitable for all parties included.
The 2022-2023 Elections Commission’s Goal for the academic year are:
- Increase transparency and student involvement in ASUCI Elections
- Ensure impartial and independent electoral systems are in place
- Push for higher undergraduate turnout from communities outside of ASUCI in the general elections cycle
Deputy Elections Commissioners
Accepting Elections Commission Interns, so please apply HERE!
In person – Fridays in the Anthill Pub & Grill (located in student Center) @11AM-12PM
Virtual – By appointment via Zoom, please email email@example.com for more information.