Hello! My name is Leland Bartikofsky, and I am proud to be serving as your ASUCI Elections Commissioner for the 2022-2023 academic term. I am a 2nd Year Political Science & Economics double major. I am excited to bring an outsider’s perspective on the ASUCI electoral process; I strive to maintain an impartial role of facilitation throughout all my interactions within ASUCI. My job is to faithfully serve the undergraduate student body here at UCI. With the values outlined on this page, Myself and the Deputy Commissioner’s aim to execute one of the most successful Election cycles to date. Do not hesitate to reach out to me if you are interested in learning more about the Elections Commission, or if you have any questions or comments.
The Elections Commission works to ensure the fair and impartial elections during the Spring Quarter, and if needed, any Special Elections. The commission consists of an Elections Commissioner, four Deputy Elections Commissioners, and a team of interns who work together to reach out of students and inform them about any upcoming elections. The ASUCI Elections Commission is empowered by the Elections Code and ASUCI Constitution and serves at the will of the undergraduate student body.
The 2022-2023 Elections Commission’s Values for the academic year are:
- Trust – Effective teams, like our commission, are founded in mutual trust.
- Accountability – We take it upon ourselves as the Elections Commission to follow through on the commitment we took upon ourselves when accepting this role.
- Equity – We prioritize equity in all election processes for all UC Irvine students whom we may work with. We insure that all procedures will remain Impartial and equitable for all parties included.
The 2022-2023 Elections Commission’s Goal for the academic year are:
- Increase transparency and student involvement in ASUCI Elections
- Ensure impartial and independent electoral systems are in place
- Push for higher undergraduate turnout from communities outside of ASUCI in the general elections cycle
Deputy Elections Commissioners
Accepting Elections Commission Interns, so please apply HERE!
In person – Fridays in the Anthill Pub & Grill (located in student Center) @11AM-12PM
Virtual – By appointment via Zoom, please email email@example.com for more information.