Student Programming Funding Board
Commission Mission & Vision
Funding interviews are open to the public! Join us on Thursdays from 8 pm to 10 pm in the SGSM Conference Room!
All officially registered undergraduate student clubs can apply for SPFB funding!
How to apply:
- Fill out an application for your event at funding.clubs.uci.edu. You will need to attach a video presentation that shares details about your event and why it requires funding.
- Please expect a brief email correspondence after the submission of your application to obtain any missed details about your event and follow up with any questions or concerns. You will also receive an email requesting all purchase documents, invoices, and receipts. Send them in the form of pictures, screenshots, invoices, estimates, emails, etc.
- When SPFB completes its review of your funding request and you have submitted all the requested documents, you will receive an email indicating if your funding was approved or denied and the funding amount.
- If your funding request was approved by SPFB, more instructions on how to access the funding will be provided in the final email.
SPFB Funding Requests/Applications – May 5th, 2023
Documentation for Expenditures – May 19th, 2023
Check Requests and Receipts – June 16th, 2023
- Events must be on-campus during the current fiscal year and be open to all UCI Undergraduate students. At least 50% of the people in attendance must be UCI undergraduate students.
- Funding is only available to registered undergraduate organizations for programs or activities that contribute to the social, cultural, and educational quality of life of UCI undergraduate students and community
- Organizations that were awarded SPFB funding may apply for another event in the same academic quarter or year but will not be given priority consideration.
- A/V Equipment
- Facilities & Room/Space Rental
- Gifts (no gift cards), Raffles, Giveaways, and Appreciation Items (must align with the Student Government Business Office Policy: https://www.studentgov.uci.edu/business-office/policies-procedures/#GiftsRafflesGiveawaysandAppreciationItems)
- Software & Licenses
- Speaker Fees/Honorariums
- Welcome Week Activities
- Alcoholic beverages
- Conference Fees
- Gift Cards
- Off-Campus Events
- Operational Expenses
- Reunion Events
- Summer Events
- Any internal or operational club costs
Does SPFB manage my club’s ASUCI account?
SPFB does not handle individual club accounts! For information about your club’s ASUCI account, please reach out to our Business Office directly (email@example.com).
My club really needs an item that looks unfundable. Are the unfundable items negotiable?
Unfundable items are unfundable under University policy and are therefore non-negotiable. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, and will help you receive as much funding as possible in other categories!
My club just hosted an event, can we apply for funding after our event has passed?
Unfortunately, we’re not allowed to fund events that have already passed. We strongly encourage clubs to submit applications 4 weeks before their event in order to make the funding process as smooth as possible.
Can my club apply for funding more than once a year?
Yes! Clubs can apply as many times as they’d like! However, to ensure an equitable distribution of funds, clubs that haven’t been previously funded for the quarter will be prioritized by our process.
I really think my club should’ve gotten SPFB funding. Is there a way to appeal the board’s decision?
We have an appeals process built into our guidelines! Please see Article V. Appeals Process for more info on how to proceed. This process should only be used when there’s reasonable cause to believe proper funding policies weren’t followed.